|
I said it.
|
|
|
Your tagboard codes here. Width <220px. cbox recommended.
|
Sunday, October 05, 2008 @ 4:16 AM It seems like winter came early in Glasgow. The temperature is slowly decreasing. My winter boots and windbreaker can come into use, finally! New semester has just started. It’s pretty ok so far. Some home students have been really cold, but some are really nice and friendly. Some are chatty, too chatty in fact. I couldn’t grasp what they were saying, because they speak at the speed of a bullet train and my mind operates at much lower speed, especially in the mornings. Here’s a short update on what’s been happening, There’s a skin rash epidemic hitting James Blyth Court. Many have suffered sudden outbreak of red bumps and patches on the body. Slowly, the rash becomes more intensely itchy and red. Initially, only few people were infected. But, as days go by, more and more people were developing the same type of rash. 4 out of the 7 of us who went Spain got the rash. Being the concerned mom, Hb (she wasn’t infected, so was I) suggested that those who got infected should go to the hospital, since NHS is paying for our medical consultation with the GP. So, 5 of us walked against the chilly wind (temperature then was 4C, mind you!) to the Accident & Emergency ward, in the middle of the night. Super melebih, I know. The receptionist was shocked to see so many of us. The expression on her face looks as if we have started a new disease outbreak that will bring harm to their country. Sadly, after a long discussion between the nurses and doctors, inspections over and over again, they came up with no conclusion. They suspected it to be flea bites, flea from the beds of our hostels we stayed during our stay at Spain. I feel really sorry for those who got them, especially the serious ones. Antihistamines aren’t doing much good to them. And today (9 days after my trip), a few itchy bumps developed on both of my arms! First the alcohol rash, and now, bug bites? Why am I always getting rashes? =/ Labels: Life 0 shouts. |