|
I said it.
|
|
|
Your tagboard codes here. Width <220px. cbox recommended.
|
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 @ 6:14 AM ARGH! SICKENING! The never ending tests and exams are killing me. It's only a matter of time that I'll go cuckoo. 400 freaking pages in 2 weeks. And to think of it, we only started our semester one and half months ago. Degree exam is next week. *PULLS HAIR* Oh god, have mercy on us! First week, FMT Class Test 1, PP3 Class Test 2 Next, FMT Class Test 2 And next, Degree Exam FMT 1 and FMT 2 And then, PP3 exemption Test And then, PP3 Video And then. more PP3 exams. Somebody just shoot me lar! For the whole of August, endless tests and exams. My brain has been used to its utmost capacity. I need more brain cells for my brain to accomodate more formulation techniques. 400 pages, imagine yourself. Fyi, PP3 test is a test on student's skill in dispensing medication, which includes, giving the right medication, right counselling points, detect the incorrect dose, check for drug interaction, suitability of drug for each indication etc etc. In the test, we are required to dispense the medication to the examiner, who acts as the patient receiving the medication. One single mistake, marks up to 60 will be deducted. For my last class test, I got negative marks T.T Friggin PP3, our worst nightmare, and it gets more depressing each time. Anne Boyter is our coordinator for PP3. That cranky ol' bi***. Her presence in this world, peace can never be a reality. She just has to make people's lives miserable. She can find a million ways to torture you, especially when you are a Malaysian Student. In short, she's racist. Extremely unfortunate for the Group A students, Anne Boyter was one of the examiners, instead of invigilating us as usual. My prescription was regarding morphine, and one of the counselling points includes avoiding alcohol, as it will interact with the medication and cause severe side effects. Unlucky me, I got Anne Boyter as my examiner for my first prescription. During my dispensing, I counselled her accordingly. Initially, everything was ok, until she asked, "Can I drink a bit of alcohol? Just a wee bit before sleep." I replied, " No, it is strongly not advisable as it would cause drowsiness and enhance the effect of morphine." "Drowsy? I'm gonna sleep after drinking anyway.Why can't I take alcohol? What is the mechanism of action? What kind of side effects? " WTF! Who actually memorises the mechanism of action wei! In real life, even if I were to tell the patient the mechanism, she wouldn't have understood it right? -20 marks for bad counselling. According to Huey Wuen, one of our batch mates got a prescription for oral contraceptive and penicillin together. In her counseling, she told her (Anne Boyter, who was the examiner) to abstain from sex because the penicillin would lower the effect of the contraceptive. Or alternatively, the patient could ask her partner to use condom during sexual intercourse. Guess how she respond to that? "I want to have sex and I'm allergic to latex!" Double WTF. Now, I know why she is forever so grumpy. Maybe she IS allergic to latex, and it is giving her all sorts of rash and soreness muahaha. It would 10x better if she has vaginal thrush! HAHA. Me so evil >=). That is why she is letting it out on us during our class and exams. I also gave the patient an inappropriate morphine dose. Poof! There goes another 60marks. I can kiss my PP3 Class Test 2 goodbye. Sniffs. Now, I can only pray hard for the exemption exam, pray that I won't get Anne Boyter as my examiner, or else it would be a definite FAIL, again. I'm barely surviving for the first two weeks. One more month of torture to go! >.< Labels: Rantings 0 shouts. |